||English, Math, Science or Health/Safety Instructor|
||Head of Department (HoD)|
||Juaymah Training Center (near Dammam)|
||Positions available immediately|
Under the guidance and supervision of Juaymah Training Center Head of Department (HoD), the instructor teaches English, math, science or health/safety to adult male students and maintains a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to effective learning. In accordance with the approved curriculum framework, the instructor implements effective instructional methods and materials, utilizes diagnostic and progress assessment measures, and maintains communication with students, keeping them informed regarding their progress and offering extra help as required. The instructor keeps his supervisors informed of classroom issues and works with colleagues in a team effort to achieve program goals; prepares student reports and supplemental class materials and monitors student progress; and is familiar with educational technology including the Moodle learning management system.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Teaches up to 24 hours per week including supervision of multi-media lab sessions.
· Prepares lesson plans, in-class quizzes, and classroom activities
· Implements quality assurance, including grading and records assignments, test and exams
· Participates in program/course review and development
· Utilizes established channels for handling routine procedures, resolving problems/concerns and making suggestions
· Attends and participates in staff meetings
· Develops and maintains positive and cooperative interactions and communication with management, teaching staff members, and students
- Native speaker of English
- Citizen of the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa;
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited Western university (master’s degree in the field preferred), plus relevant professional certification (including TEFL certification for English teachers)
- A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant teaching experience, preferably in the MENA region
- Knowledgeable, experienced and enthusiastic about using interactive whiteboards and IT for teaching purposes
- Familiarity with and respect for the multicultural diversity and traditions that exist in KSA.
· Previous experience living and/or working in the Middle East
· Proficiency in a foreign language
· Experience studying or teaching online
Renewable one-year, single-status contract includes competitive tax-free salary, furnished non-shared housing, transportation to work site, personal effects shipment, airline ticket(s), paid summer break and Saudi national holidays, health insurance, and end-of-service gratuity.